The vision and mission ICU Mobile is guided by Biblical values. The main reason we GO to serve women in crisis and save the unborn is because the Bible is clear that taking life (in or outside the womb) is wrong. There are a number of passages in the Bible that one can use to defend life in the womb. Below are just a few verse that illustrate the presence and value of life in the womb…and our responsibility to protect it.
- I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart…
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- You will become pregnant and have a son… dedicated to God from the womb.
- Now suppose two men are fighting, and in the process they accidentally strike a pregnant woman so she gives birth prematurely. If no further injury results, the man who struck the woman must pay the amount of compensation the woman’s husband demands and the judges approve. But if there is further injury, the punishment must match the injury: a life for a life…
- Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me.
- Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die; save them as they stagger to their death. Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.” For God understands all hearts, and he sees you. He who guards your soul knows you knew. He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Statement of Faith
We believe in one God who is the all powerful, all knowing and all present Creator, eternally existing in three persons; God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. [Deut. 6:4; Matt. 6:9; 2Cor. 1:3; John 8:58; John 1:1, 18; Acts 5:3-4; 1Cor. 2:10-11]
We believe the Bible is the fully inspired, inerrant Word of God and that it has authority over our lives. [2Tim. 3:16; 1Pet. 1:21]
We believe in the full deity and humanity of Jesus Christ and that He is God’s Son. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, performed miracles and led a sinless life. He made atonement for the sins of the world by dying on the cross. He conquered death three days later, appeared before many witnesses and later ascended to Heaven. Jesus Christ will someday return to the earth, judge the world and establish his kingdom forever. [Phil. 2:6-7; John 5:16-27; Heb. 4:15; 1John 2:2; John 20; 1Cor. 15:4-6; Acts 1; Is. 9:7; Luke 1:33; Rev. 5:9]
We believe every person is created in the image of God. We believe that all have sinned and are, as a consequence, eternally separated from and condemned by God. Out of love and mercy, God gave up His own Son Jesus Christ as a sacrifice, to redeem mankind from the bondage and penalty of sin. We believe salvation is exclusively obtained from believing and trusting in the atoning death and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace. Those who receive the gift of salvation will dwell eternally with God. [Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:23; Eph. 2:1-3; 1Pet. 3:18; Acts 4:12; Eph. 2:8]
We believe all those that have put their trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior make up the Church, the unified body of Christ. The Mission of the Church is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and make disciples of all nations. [Rom. 12:5; Matt. 28:19]